We offer ONLINE help for substance abuse and other mental health problems using a secure telehealth video platform that can be accessed remotely from anywhere using a computer, tablet, or phone. Our online services include evaluation, individual sessions, and group sessions. All online sessions are private, confidential, and HIPAA-secure.
How do telehealth sessions work? In advance of your appointment, we will send you a link to our online virtual waiting room. A few minutes before your scheduled appointment, click on the link, enter your screen name, and you’re ready to start the session.
Tips to Optimize Your Teletherapy Experience
- Use a Chrome browser on a laptop or cell phone. iPads and other tablets do not work as well.
- Use a headset or earbuds to help minimize background noise
- Use the built-in camera on your computer or an external webcam.
- Make sure that your video and audio settings are in the “ON” position.
- Situate yourself in a quiet room with good ambient lighting
- Position your device so there is no bright light shining directly into your camera from a lamp or window — otherwise your face will be engulfed in a dark shadow.
Will my insurance company reimburse me for teletherapy sessions?
Check with your insurance company to find out. In the face of the current outbreak, more and more insurance companies are providing reimbursement for telehealth services. Terms and conditions are changing rapidly, so check with your insurance company.
How to get started
Online therapy is secure, effective, and significantly expands access to treatment. Reach out today to schedule your online or in-office appointment. Call us for an appointment or simply fill out the contact form and click Send.